Full-time for 24 months
You will be based at the Fiji Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Services Centre (FPBS), reporting to the FPBS Director and the BES Supply Chain Program Manager (remote)
ABOUT THE ROLE
BES has been working with the Fiji Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) and the Fiji Program Support Facility to support supply chain strengthening and access to essential medicines in Fiji since 2019. You will be joining an established project, which includes digitisation of the Fiji health supply chain (using the logistics management information system mSupply), and a wide range of supply chain reforms covering warehousing, procurement, policy review and implementation. With the project recently extended to December 2024, we are seeking a Supply Chain Specialist to be based full-time in Suva, Fiji for 24 months. You will work closely with FPBS staff and our local team of Project Officers, and be supported remotely by our Supply Chain Program Manager and team. Project onboarding and mSupply training will be provided in Melbourne before your deployment to Fiji.
DAY TO DAY, YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH THE RELEVANT PEOPLE AT FPBS AND THE MHMS TO:
- Implement the new Annual Tender and Procurement Guidelines
- Implement the new Warehouse SOPs (already partially operational)
- Support our local team of Project Officers in the national rollout of mSupply, including training and on-site deployments
- Deliver refresher training on mSupply and Tupaia
- Review and support the updating of the Fiji National Medicines Policy
- Establish a process of reviewing and publishing the Essential Medical Supplies List (EMSL) annually
- Consolidate items on the Essential Medicines List (EML) with the FPBS inventory
- Support FPBS to perform basic operational administration tasks in mSupply
- Analyse and action supply chain data from mSupply to prevent stockouts, improve medicines availability, and identify health facilities requiring targeted support
- Develop a pilot plan to digitise the Free Medicines Program
- Liaise between the Fiji Program Support Facility, MOHMS, DFAT and BES
- Contribute to weekly debrief meetings with the BES Supply Chain team
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by the FPBS Director or BES Supply Chain Program Manager
You’ll have a real connection with our purpose and will be looking for a role where your work has a meaningful influence and impact on the lives of others. You’ll be a natural collaborator with initiative and drive.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience working in complex and dynamic roles across health or health technology projects in either a health system or health supply chain management capacity
- Experience living and working in low-resource settings
- Experience and sensitivity working in culturally diverse settings
- Strong teamwork and communication skills with the ability to work with individuals from a variety of skill sets (including Project Managers, Health Professionals and Software Developers)
- Resilience working in tough environments, with a high level of autonomy and the ability to solve problems coupled with the ability to recognise when assistance is required and the willingness to ask for that assistance
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- High comfort with and ability to learn new technology
- Comfortable travelling during current COVID-19 pandemic restrictions (with approval from Department of Home Affairs and in-country government partners)
- Qualifications in one of: Public Health, Pharmacy, Procurement, Data Management, Project Management or Health Technology
- Having work experience in the Pacific would also be an advantage (but not required).
Don’t see your dream role listed here? Don’t let that stop you!
If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with our team today.